No, we do not have an outside area for dogs to play off-leash. There are too few days a year in Rhode Island where the temperature is optimal for your dog’s comfort. The most comfortable temperature range for most dogs is 70 to 75 degrees, which is not to say they cannot endure more extreme temperatures for short periods of time but they may not enjoy it. If you decide to choose a dog daycare based on availability of an outside area please ask the facility the following questions:
1. Is shade and adequate water available to all the dogs outside?
2. Is there a windbreak for the colder months?
3. Can the dogs move freely between indoors and outdoors?
4. Is there supervision both indoors and outdoors or are they forced to stay where the attendant is?
5. Are they monitored for hypo and hyperthermia by someone certified in pet first aid?